Friday, September 21, 2007

She said that she was in a meeting when she got the news and that she wanted to call before she left for the weekend...she said the b-mom chose one of the other families. Surprisingly, neither of us are upset or emotional about it, mostly because we firmly believe if he was our son, we would have been chosen. I did think I'd cry, but I'm totally fine!

The b-mom did give us some feedback which was helpful, and she said that it was a really hard choice. This has been an incredible learning experience, I know it was nothing we did or could have done differently, so I feel good about it. It was a great experience and it taught me a lot...and I'm relieved to know one way or another!! I'm so glad that we got everything we needed, and that we are a lot more prepared for when our baby comes!! Maybe we're having a girl?

3 comments:

Anita said...

Joy, (hug), I just love your outlook. This baby will have the home he's supposed to have and you will have the baby you two are supposed to have. I will remember your strength as we go through our journey and experience various disappointments!

LL said...

Joy,

I admire your strength through this diappointment. I am so glad that you seem to have a sense of peace and I believe that is mainly because you know another child is meant for you. Big hugs!

Jake and Emily said...

Hugs to you, Joy! You know I'm cheering for you!