So this sprained ankle and Labor Day kinda slowed me down, but I wanted to post about our progress...we are officially paper pregnant as of today (Friday, September 7th). Our profile is in, our check was received, our home study is done...FINALLY!!! According to our counselor, the average wait for placement is nine months and three weeks (hey, just like a pregnancy! Heh.), but she has high hopes for us because we are open to most situations. Keep your fingers crossed, feel free to pray for us, and send us your best vibes, because we could be parents anytime...yikes!
In other news, Jeremy and his dad got the crown molding up in the nursery, and it looks amazing. We took a half day on Wednesday and went up to my mom's and picked up my Gammy's platform rocker, which we plan to have reupholstered for baby rocking. Thursday I did some research and contacted some furniture upholsterers, and made some appointments for estimates. Everything is coming along well, and we are very excited. Thank you all for your support through this process...this loooooooong process!
6 comments:
Congratulations! This is all so wonderful. At this point you can sort of breathe a sigh of "everything's done" -- for now. :)
How wonderful!! YEAH!!
Hey Joy! I am "skyangel" from adoptiontalk. I just wanted to stop over and say hello. Congrats on being paper pregnant! I look forward to following your journey!
So happy for your "paper pregnancy!" We are waiting right along with you...too bad we can't have a race to see who gets their nursery done first - YOU WIN!
I can't wait to see pics of the platform rocker reupholstered! Do share!
I'll post some before pictures so you can see how atrocious it looks now :)
Hooray! The nursery looks great, the rocker will be awesome (because you have good taste, as we can see in the pics of the nursery), and if I were a betting woman, I'd say you're not going to wait as long as 9 months...of course, I was just at Adoption Talk and saw your thread, so I'm cheating a bit. *heehee*
Hugs to ya!
Min
Post a Comment