Now, Edith has two teeth...the second one came in about 2 days after the first. She looks so cute - although I am a little sad to lose that gummy little smile! I would post a picture, but she is asleep and I'm not going to wake her up to flash the camera in her face...perhaps later :)
Teething has been an EXTREMELY easy experience (knock wood) because I took some advice from my Mom-In-Law that has made all the difference. She said that when her kids were cutting teeth, she would take a tongue depressor (she was a nurse) and rub their gums with it until she felt the tooth rubbing on the tongue depressor. Granted, you have to wait until the tooth is near the surface, but that has seemed to be the worst time for Edith, so it's easy to figure out the best time (because she is a grumpus). It has really made this experience better for us...and for Edith! Try it! I was lucky enough to get a box of tongue depressors from Michelle, who works at a dental office...she had ordered a bunch for a project and had tons left over, so she gave me a hundred or so. Gladly, I won't have to use them all because Edith doesn't have that many teeth.
Anyway, look for pictures of the shiny, white teeth tomorrow...I'll have to take a picture for posterity then.
No comments:
Post a Comment