So much to talk about. First, Happy New Year to everyone! I am so excited that a new year is here...so much to be thankful for and so much to look forward to! Edith is just over 9 months old! Where is my baby? She has two front teeth on top and her two on the bottom, and yesterday I noticed that the two next to the bottom teeth have cut and are on their way! As everyone says, she will be eating steak in no time! For the time being, she is content with graham crackers, scrambled eggs, pancakes and the regular purees. She has gotten to be a pro at chewing (gumming) solid food, and she is very excited about eating.
She has also learned to crawl (finally!) after about a month of rocking back and forth on her hands and knees, and then scooting backwards, and some awesome yoga moves...Friday was the official day, and she decided to crawl for Daddy when I was out to dinner. Hmmph. We now have a gate at the top of our stairs and we have netting around our bannister so she won't fall to her death. That wouldn't be the least bit cool.
Saturday, we hung out with her birthdad, his cousin, his brother and his fiancee! She was very sweet and had picked out clothes for Edith as a gift (which we always appreciate!) and a cute stuffed pig. We played "Pass the Baby" and had lunch...they were all impressed with Edith's awesome new eating skillz, and that she can sit in a high chair like a big girl.
AND! Next Saturday (Jan 10), we will be speaking in front of an Adoption 101 class at our agency! I am so excited to talk about my awesome little family :) We will talk for 15 minutes about transracial adoption, being a conspicuous family, how our friends and family have accepted Edith and how we are handling open adoption and then we get to answer questions. I never in a million years, thought we would be the family talking to the prospective adoptive parents. It just never occurred to me that we would be in the position to be inspiring to other potential adopters. It feels so good to know that we could be positive role models to someone thinking about transracial adoption. Edith is certainly going to charm everyone in the room :) But you already knew that!
1 comment:
I think that is awesome to take the time to help encourage and inspire other couples who want to adopt! Honestly, I wish I could see you guys more, I don't remember Jeremy and Joy without Edith! I love that you are willing to share her with us. Everytime I need to brighten my day I go to your facebook to see that cute little angel. (No, I'm not talking about Jeremy.) I am very happy for the two of you. It's so inspiring to watch your family create one beautiful beating heart. Everyone should feel that way about their children...forever...no matter how old they are. I know I do. --Donna
Post a Comment