Sunday, December 30, 2007

Can you believe that it is almost 2008? I certainly can't. I also can't believe that I am almost 33. That really doesn't seem possible...it makes me cringe a little because I really thought I would be a grown-up by now, and I just feel like I am playing a game of house most of the time. It is really weird to think that I am a married lady, soon to be a mom, an aunt to teenagers...it just seems like someone is going to catch on sooner or later, and tell me to go back to the kids table (which is where Jeremy and I were for Christmas dinner - hee!)

My nephew, whom I adore, told me the other day that I am not old. He's 16, so 32 to him is old, but he said that *I* am not. I appreciated that immensely :) Perhaps it's because he saw me skate through their tiled kitchen in my stocking feet the other day when I was babysitting the little one? Perhaps it's because I slipped up and swore in a conversation with him? Perhaps it's because I was watching SpongeBob Squarepants with his little sister, and laughing at the right parts? Who knows...but someday, someone out there is going to revoke my "adult" card!

Christmas was a hoot like always...we have a good, loud time with Jeremy's family. There are so many of them, if you are in need of conversation you're in the right place. There are at least 20 going on at the same time, most of them are going over each other...and if you're really good (as most of them are by now) you can participate in more than one at a time. It's amazing to watch. I hope your Christmas was wonderful, and I hope you have a happy and safe new years eve/day...we'll talk resolutions later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, from another 30-something who loves to watch SpongeBob with her kids! *grin*

Hugs,
Mindy