Jeremy and I drove to Indiana today to meet a friend of mine from an adoption forum I frequent. She and her husband were there from Texas picking up their brand new son and we figured that since we were close, we should actually meet in person since we had known each other for a year and a half in cyber space. It was so nice to finally meet her, and she let me hold that perfect little baby boy almost the whole time! I could have held him for days; he's one of those marvelous babies who melt into your chest when you hold them...and he is quiet and sweet - even when he cries, it's not for long.
She and her husband gave Jeremy and I these little silver medallions with the word "Faith" on them, and she told me that they had been carrying them for the past three months as a tangible reminder to have faith that their child would come to them in the right time. They gave them to us in hopes that we would have our child soon, and to have something to hold on to when we feel impatient or bummed.
We're both carrying them in our pockets, and will pass them on when we bring our own child home! What a loving thing for them to do - thanks guys!!
5 comments:
I'm so happy you had the opportunity to meet your online friend in real life. That is awesome!
What an sweet gift your friends gave you and your DH. Faith will carry you through to your new baby son or daughter! :)
Asmile just floated across my face as I pictured Mark melting against you..OH waht a feeling that must have been. Liz is such a generous and kind friend...what a great token she and Mike passed on to you and Jeremy. Faith. That is perfect!
Meeting on line friends IRL is great! What a sweet gesture to give you the silver medallions!!
Love the story about the "faith" medallions. I had someone pass something special like that to me one time, carried it for about a year, and then I passed it along. Those sorts of things are SO moving...and it DOES give hope and faith to be reminded that your time WILL come.
So glad you got to meet up IRL (and hold the sweetie baby, too!)
=)
Post a Comment