Friday, January 11, 2008

Well, it's been a hectic week! I went back to work on Monday - the new temp job is about 5 miles from home, and it's kind of long term. The woman I am filling in for is having back surgery and will be out through the first week in April at the most, so I may be here for the long haul. The place is nice and casual, and the people are really nice. I like the work - there is a lot to do, and I am able to keep busy. I hate when I am just sitting with nothing to do!

On Wednesday, I found out that our last situation didn't pan out, the mom "M" decided to parent, so we're moving onward and upward! Our counselor told me that "It's raining babies here lately, so I could be calling you back any day!" I have my cell phone on at all times :) There have been a lot of babies showing up among my adoption friends lately - one of my girls just brought a baby boy home yesterday kind of out of the blue! It's an exciting way to become a parent, that's for sure!

In other news, I just bought the cutest lambie from my friend Anita...she crochets them herself, and she is one of the most talented crafty women I know!! Check out my lamb and the rest of her little guys at her Etsy store...I might go back and pick up her little Gumdrop Monster one of these days! http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5415385

My friend Liz also has a store for baby-related stuff, and I will be buying a Moby Wrap from her pretty soon. The Moby is the coolest baby carrier around. It's a long expanse of cloth and you wrap it around yourself and tuck the baby inside...it is absolutely perfect for bonding - especially for an adoptive parent! http://www.myadoptionshop.com/main.sc

I'm hoping to update with some good news soon what with the raining babies :)

4 comments:

Anita said...

You are getting so many possible situations! It really says something about your profile and the kind of people you and Jeremy are, but more-so it speaks volumes how when the baby ends up not being yours how graceful you are.

Thanks for the plug, btw. Hope you love the lambie!

Joy said...

Aww thanks my friend! You're makin me blush over here :)

I can't wait to see my lambie, I'll send you a picture of him in his new home in our nursery!!

LL said...

I want to see that lambie too! i just bought the duckie dou and they are adorable!

it is awesome that you are being shown so much and one day (soon) you and Jeremy will be chosen! I can't wait! i am sure you will hear my shout of jOy!!!

Owl Gal Liz said...

I have a feeling our time is coming soon. Keep the faith, y'all are such a wonderful couple! It's wonderful that you are being shown so much, your baby is going to be so lucky to have two such wonderful parents! Mark sure loved the visit with his Cyber Aunt Joy!