Saturday the 12th, I went with my friend Michelle on a Transport. Basically, we drove a leg with some dogs who were coming from a kill shelter in Kentucky to a no kill shelter in Wisconsin. She and I picked up 8 dogs - Momma dog and 6 puppies, and a chihuahua named Festus - in Oak Lawn, IL and drove them to the drop-off in Gurnee, IL. The dogs were wonderful, and are all in their own little foster homes. I very nearly came home with Festus. He was an amazing little guy, and spent the majority of the trip with his head on my arm or my chest. I got as far as filling out the application for him, and being approved...but we decided that it wasn't a good time for us to be bringing another dog home. As wonderful as he is, it's just too much now.
Last week was mostly spent in bed with the flu. Oh the flu...not pretty. I'm still a little weak from it, and I lost 12 pounds (10 of which are still gone). I'm feeling fine now, but I wouldn't wish that sweaty, chilled, gross feeling on my worst enemy. I think my immunities are down, because I think I may be getting a cold. Oh my kingdom to just be done with it!
On a super good note, Jeremy and I finished cleaning out the garage last weekend, and we are parking BOTH cars in there. Just in time for the snowfall last night - it is so nice to go out there and start the car and leave - and not have to wait for the car to warm up, not have to scrape the windows, not have to shiver in a cold car (especially in Jeremy's car with the leather seats!). It has been blissfull...and we're going to keep it that way...I can't go back to the old ways now.
1 comment:
I'm glad you're feeling better, Joy! And still parking in the garage!
Post a Comment